new HP35

Well, there are guys who don't snip :-)

In some groups they schlepp along huge amounts of C- or assembler-code.

In some areas they won't allow your cell phone on the premises if it contains a camera.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I'm well aware. I'd like my "V" sans camera. Maybe if I bust out the lens ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

My wife drinks that stuff. I think of Guinness as a roofing material.

John

Exactly the other way around with us. My wife drinks a maximum of one sip when it comes to Guinness or Porter. More and more US airports now have Irish pubs. Love it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My wife drinks it also. I can take it or leave it. I prefer wheat beers, etc. ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

Use Public Private key combination.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

You mean that you're going to let him skip the 20th century?

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

In industry that has never caught on, at least not in my fields of work.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Zip your data into save.zip

Password protect save.zip

Rename save.zip to save.piz

E-mail right thru their "protection"

Receiver renames save.piz to save.zip

Then password open it ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

I graduated HS in '70, so I remember the '60s. ;-)

I was a Senior in college (late '73), working as a tech for the university (20hrs/week @ $2.25/hr).

Reply to
krw

With the work we do with military contractors it's used, albeit I'd have to say a bit grudginly... people consider the initial setup to be too much of a hassle at times, I guess.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yup. Except us guys have two steps less :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

But but... that would be... *Irrational!* ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

I lost my 15C when some airline luggage was stolen. I tried a 32SII but hated it, and finally settled on a software based RPN calculator that seems more in the "HP style" than any from HP.

Tip: run it in 'mini' mode and use the keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

No 64-bit mode. 8-(

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You are kidding, right ?. It's one of the few beers left that has any edge. Most of the light or lager beers have no taste at all. Lager is very popular in the uk though, especially in the cities on a Saturday night, with both men and women loose at both ends :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Are you sure? Do people really use calculators any more and if they do, why?

Sure, I do some little things with my old HP48SX and older Casio, but for most things a computer just beats them. I guess it starts with a computer keyboard being at lot easier to use and the availability of copy-paste...

Then there's a spreadsheet on pretty much every machine, and for free a whole bunch of things like a script language with builtin types for complex numbers, arbitrary precision integers and fractions (Python) and a huge numerical function package for it (numpy), more numerical tools in Octave and Scilab, Maxima for symbolic...

Reply to
Anssi Saari

I use my calculator maybe once or twice a day. ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

I did ask why. Old habit or is there really something it does better?

Reply to
Anssi Saari

I still need Ohms law in my Analog world, calculating resistor values for my chip designs ;-)

Actually, I probably use pencil and paper more. ...Jim Thompson