Re: New facts about the pyramids: a new miracle of the Qur'an

Last scientific discovery stated the following: French and U.S.

>researchers assert that the huge stones used by the Pharaohs to build >the pyramids are just clay that has been heated at high temperatures...

I'm bored...

You didn't read Joseph Davidovits' books very carefully or at all because most of your dates are wrong. There were no high temperatures involved. Making limestone blocks from re-agglomerated ingredients does not require heat. Making white lime (CaO) from limestone (CaCO3) used in the casing does require heat. There was hardly any wood in ancient Egypt and certainly not enough to make enough white lime for anything the size of a pyramid. Oddly, there aren't any lime kilns found in the area. The dung and straw mix used for fuel could barely get up to 500C, much less the 900C required to make proper Calcium Oxide.

Just read his books (and lose the irrelevant Islamic drivel):

Incidentally, your link at the bottom of your miraculous pile of inaccuracies is broken. It should be:

They made wooden rails that went round the pyramid in a spiral >way like the grapes tabernacle which grows around itself and >ascends to the top.

Again, there was not enough wood in Egypt to do that. If you calculate the slope necessary to transport the 2000+ lb blocks or the materials necessary to make the blocks along a spiral, you run into problems. The slope necessary to be able to use rollers would make the serpentine path rather long. It would take all day to just walk to the top, which is not very efficient. Geopolymer material also takes a fairly long time before it can carry a load. Even modern concrete takes about a week before it's safe to apply a load. I don't want to think about how they turned the corners.

May Allah grant you peace, enlightenment, and an education in basic chemistry, building materials, and ancient construction techniques.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com