The Obamas' New House

Looks like all that shilling for the moneyed interests paid off:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Very nice but kind of a stark decorating scheme- no bright colors.

--sp

Reply to
speff

I've always thought that O was seriously delusional. I bet he thinks he will become some elder statesman and continue (?) to influence world events with his wisdom (?) and experience (?). As I said, delusional. He just went to Europe to tell the world how wonderful he has been, and how much Trump can learn from him.

lunatic fringe electronics

I know little of internal US politics, but a common view of Obama here is that he is both personable and statesmanlike, whereas Trump is neither.

Aren't you even just a little bit embarrassed by Trump? You can tell me, I won't snitch.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Trump is the antidote to the embarrassment of Washington DC and the media. Washington DC deserves Donald Trump. What is embarrassing is how little ensnarement the media has and the politicians have.

Reply to
djlocher56

Also, The only direction Trump can go from here is up. After Obama was given a nobel peace prize his open space tended to be down. (Seriously, don't you folks think that peace prize was an absolute farce or are we Americans just that strange?)

Reply to
djlocher56

Arafat, the terrorist prototype, got a peace prize too. And Al Gore. And there are truly worthy people overlooked every year. It shouldn't be only one per year, but they should all deserve it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yes, I've always said Obama would be a very good president of another country, especially a country whose traditions he understands. For example he could be a great president of Indonesia where he was raised and schooled.

I'm embarrassed for the human race. Americans are no more stupid than any other people. I'm also embarrassed for the precept that we have democracy because the people know best. But Trump is no more embarrassing than Obama or Clinton or Carter. They all are in different ways.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

My opinion is that Obama reads a good teleprompter, has an astonishing messiah complex, and is totally incompetent as a manager. He talks glowingly about himself constantly, as if he was Louie 14. Lybia and Syria and Ukraine and the millions of refugees in Europe are monuments to his statesmanship. How is that "pivot to Asia" thing working out?

He just warned Trump to continue to be tough with Russia! The batteries must have been dead in that RESET button box.

He seems to be a very decent guy who says what he believes, gives credit to the people that he works with, and is obviously smarter than the entire Clinton-Democratic machine, having won the Presidency by spending 1/5 what they did. He is the first politico in ages to propose to do LESS to improve the US economy: lower corporate taxes, less regulation, smaller government.

Embarrassed? Not a bit; pleased and amused. I think it's cool that the productive people in the USA have pushed back against the coastal/political/financial/internationalist/left-wing-press lawyer parasites. We elected a guy who is not a politician and not a lawyer.

I'm optimistic. Tom Hanks just said that he hopes Trump is so good that he'll vote to re-elect him.

Now that the election is over, and she lost, Janet Yellen can raise interest rates and collapse the over-inflated stock market, and crush the government with actual interest payments on its debt.

lunatic fringe electronics

You're right. You know very little..

Not as an answer to Obama, no, not at all. Not my first choice (by far) but *definitely* not my last (any Democrat, with Hillary at the very bottom of that list).

Reply to
krw

I've always thought the only reason was that the world (or at least the Nobel committee!) was breathing easier after President Cheney left office.

Of course Kissinger was also given the Nobel. That had the unfortunate side-effect of terminating Tom Lehrer's song writing career.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Speaking of houses:

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

When you realize all that wealth was acquired through defrauding investors, business partners and gullible members of the public, it sort of transforms awe to nausea when you look at stuff like that.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It used to be that American parents would encourage their kids that someday they could grow up to be president of the USA...what do they say now?

John :-#(#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

No one *here* gives a *shit* what the view over there is, asshole.

Given the choice between Trump and Tramp I figure we made the right choice, as the leaks of her behavior on election night finally start dribbling out:

Julian Barnes

That prize is a sick joke. Even Kissinger of all people won it one year LOL!!:-D

Reply to
Julian Barnes

It used to be that parents all over the world could encourage their kids that if they worked hard they could go to the US, be successful and be treated fairly...what do they say now?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

As opposed to treasonosly selling out your country to the Chinese and Global Megabanks like Goldman-$achs and virtually wiping out the entire working and middle class in the process, huh? it sort of transforms nausea to hatred when you look at stuff like that.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

The two-faced, lying bitch is probably the only person in America who still can't figure out why she had a terminal credibility issue:

Julian Barnes

Sure, He even takes climate change seriously.

Like Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter? Republican ex-presidents don't do as well, for some reason.

John Larkin is an expert on delusions. He keeps a stable of his own personal delusions. He's less good at recognising them in other people.

Trump could probably learn from John Larkin, if he has the facility to learn anything. Not only does Trump know it all already, but he can change what he knows to match the immediate audience (not that it stays changed).

Trump did admit that the claim that Obama wasn't born in the USA wasn't correct, after persisting with it for years, but I suspect that that admission was dragged out of him by his advisors.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to