Please stop cross posting this thread in comp.home.automation. Thank you.

From:John Fields snipped-for-privacy@austininstruments.com

Reply to
BruceR

Outside of emergency, you're correct.

I thought I read that it was originally modified for the purpose of RX'ing, not TX'ing. Depending upon the radio topology, simply modifying to RX on another band might "bring TX along with it," even though that was not the prime intent. That wouldn't satisfy the FCC's rules, however, and they might confiscate if they know the radio exists.

Well yes, except I would say again that it may not even be a "violation" because of mayday context. Again, I dunno the details like a lawyer specializing in these regulations would.

Reply to
gwhite

That's what kept him out of jail for transmitting on an emergency frequency.

But he is still lucky he wasn't prosecuted for the illegal modifications to the transmitter.

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

The cops are not that bright. There would have to be an FCC guy hanging around at the scene.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Please go find the original poster and piss and moan to him about his posting methods. The respondents are not to blame for the stupidity of original posters, and your complaints directed at responders does nothing to curtail the actual cause of any perceived problem, which is the fault of the O.P.

You should also learn the difference between Usenet and email. Top posting is pretty lame in Usenet, and complaints generally fall on deaf ears, because most are not correctly targeted, as is the case with your hit and run nonsense.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It is NOT email, you IDIOT. There is no "copy" to it!

AGAIN, go complain to the ORIGINAL POSTER, you top posting, Usenet infant!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Cite?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Sorry,but such revelation would be an illegal act on the part of Bellsouth.

I think you and the other 69 idiot may be the same idiot posting as two different idiots.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Yeah right!

Orville the total retard was in The Nam... sure bub... sure.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Make sure to shoot a clean video of the meeting. It should get a million+ hits on YouTube: "Anonymous coward dies of a heart attack when confronted in person!"

Michael A. Terrell

So, you also think it is OK to mutilate the corpse of an enemy combatant? Quite a tell, Terrell.

Reply to
Kai

How in hell did you get from filming a coward dying of fright to mutilating a corpse? Do you like beating corpses?

Reply to
JosephKK

This shows just how sick dimbulb realy is.

Michael A. Terrell

You're a goddamned liar and you know EXACTLY what was being discussed, you retarded son of a bitch!

Reply to
Kai

Ooooh - such anger Archie. I'm beginning to wonder if your mommy didn't close her legs abrubtly while you were exiting the birth canal. That, and the coathanger protruding from your head, may have tipped you off that you were not exactly welcome, which is the current situation here, isn't it?

Calm down porky ... extreme bursts of anger have been shown to be highly detrimental to the health of obese individuals - especially African Americans.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Ah, but you must recognize that you are dealing with Archie - boy of over 50 nyms, not including the more relevant ones bestowed upon him by others (i.e., dimbulb, piñata, f****it, et al). Archie wil tell you that he's benn here for many, many years - though there's no trace of the foul-mouthed assface prior to 2007.

Reply to
Norman Farnsworth

I know how long I have been posting in Usenet. You do not, yet you think you do. That is a serious character flaw, you retarded twit. You sport several others as well, however. This post you made here exposes at least one other. I'll let you figure out which, unless you are simply too retarded.

I have no such nyms, idiot. Cite a single post where I used either. You cannot. Why? Aside from you being a retard? There are none! Pretty simple shit, dog turd boy.

Again... CITE the post you refer to or shut the f*ck up, BOY!

I hope that you waste inordinate hours of your pathetic life doing just that. You prove the simplest of things like how I have done more to make the world a better place than a retarded, post hunting dumbfuck retard like you ever will.

The time you waste hunting up posts is 100% indicative of the waste of time that your entire pathetic life is.

Your mother should be a jailed felon for life for the crime of not flushing the piece of shit that you are, Farnsworth, the very moment she shat you from her retarded ass.

Now, be a good little retarded f*ck and run off somewhere and die. Be sure to realize just how much of your personal time you have wasted with your baby bullshit Usenet presence.

Can you even produce a citation for that, or are you simply a total retard with a keyboard in front of you?

You're just a foul joke, at best.

How would you know? I have been here for fifty years. I could screw at

20 better than you ever will. I can screw at 50 better than you ever will as well.

You're pretty much screwed, boy.

I'll bet that you have spent more years of your life with a spare tire than I ever have or ever will. Even at 50, I can only pinch a slight bit more than an inch, and that ain't bad, considering all the pizzas and steaks. In other words, you're still a goddamned guess as you go retard.

My skin is fine. Yours deserves the hellraiser treatment.

Unlike you I do take daily showers, and even more if I work out while I am at work. We have a gym, and a continuous fitness club membership as part of our benefits package.

You likely have parts that all weigh more than mine, except for your skull cavity, and your lower nib.

If their "other" mouths off, I will not hesitate to put them in their place. Same thing for the husband.

Do you have any more retarded drivel, you pussy? Bwuahahahahhaa!

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

.

st

ke

=A0Be

at

it

.

Right on Norman! That's telling the fat slob liar off. I sent you info for his statement of celibacy. However, I suggest that you do not shove it under his nose. Let him continue to wonder about all of the people here who have already told him that they've seen it for themselves. All he ever says about it is 'cite" - and none of us have ever done it. We all try to get him to deny that he claimed to be celibate so we con reveal how full of crap he is. He doesn't see wh conclusions his refusal to deny lead to. What a loser. Wait until his contact information is posted and he starts to get email from all of the lurkers here. There are many of them who hardly ever post, but who would delight in being able to let this pig know what he really looks like on Usenet.

Reply to
Peter