Need to conect 2 pc wirless

I'm trying to connect 2 pc that are as far as 1 Km in a small village building up a wireless connection between them. pls can someone advise me of the best way to do it and what shell i bye for it Tks for help Jony2900

Reply to
joaojun

On a sunny day (Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:18:47 -0800 (PST)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

Some Linksys WRT54G type wireless routers, and some good antennas.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You could set up a peer-to-peer wireless network with two USB wifi adaptors.

Have fun

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

At 1 km apart??

Reply to
JosephKK

It's near crucial that a link over 1km be virtually Line Of Sight (LOS). Is it ? If so then USB based adapters should certainly be considered !

Reply to
stan.swan

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

But not without external antennas. Intervening stations will also make a huge difference.

Reply to
JosephKK

Haven't tried it myself, but the link above mentions LOS 3-5km is possible

mrdarrett