transfering movies from a camcorder to pc

Hello,

I bought Panasonic PV-GS39 camcorder about 1.5 years ago. I recently noticed that transfer of my movies to a PC with firewire does not work and took it to the camera shop for repairs. The repair man said that he cannot fix it since the connection to the circuit board is cracked and it is too small for him to attach it. He said it is not worth to buy the whole part.

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Mark

Reply to
mark

Try a different repairman?

Reply to
James Sweet

What's the recording medium, mini-DV tape? Find a friend with a fully working mini-DV videocam, and borrow his camera. Pop your tape in and transfer the movie.

Don't want to impose on your friend too often? Tapes are cheap, buy a bunch, wait till you have 7 or 8 to transfer, then borrow the camera.

Only 2 other alternatives I can think of : find a repair shop willing to fix your camera, or buy a new camera. You may find that the cost to repair approaches or exceeds the cost of an equivalent new camera.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

You can use a "Dazzle"