Need some old oval 3-pin HP line cords

These are getting scarce, long delivery times, and outrageously expensive.

Possible part numbers are Belden or Volex 17280.

Might want a bunch of them if the price is right.

An adapter to IEC might also be interesting.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

If the unit this goes to is also obsolete, why not just replace the panel mount side with a standard power inlet.

Its not like it will lose value.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

hamilton

These were typical of early HP test equipment. I bought several from Mouser a few years ago. I'm now sorry I did not buy more.

You can't always easily replace the panel-mount part with a more up-to-date part in the equipment. BTDT.

John S

Reply to
John S

Volex says none available.

Reply to
John S

The dilemma is that the final eBay resale price would be too low to justify the time. And the standard inlets are also somewhat pricey.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Modern inlets are also considerably deeper.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I pull them from dead PC power supplies.

Michael A. Terrell

--
How many might you want and what would the right price be?
Reply to

Bang a hole in the side and run a line cord through it with a Heyco bushing.

LV

Reply to
Lord Valve

Yea, age old problem.

Do you just sit on it or modify it and get it off the books.

:-\

Reply to
hamilton

A dozen at $4 each or a hundred at 40 cents each.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

--
Sorry, can't help...
Reply to

Try this

Rick

I just bought five of them for $50 from Area 51, who found a cross-reference from the discontinued Belden/Volex 17952-8-B1 to the Orion model 28131-76-01.

Note that the old HP ones have hot and neutral reversed from the more modern style--beware. The cords are supposed to get here on Monday.

Cheers Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's important to note that there are two types of these. One has the hot and neutral swapped. I don't recall which one is used on old HP gear, but I do know the correct part number is Volex 17952 which they discontinued a year or two ago.

Reply to
JW

hamilton expounded in news:j0snbc$hr4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Hey, I like the NEMA 5-15 receptical! At least I can punch out a round hole.

I've never been able to find a good way to punch out a chassis for the "C14 chassis inlet".

Warren

Reply to
Warren

HP used the reversed connections.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Use a nibbler.

Michael A. Terrell

ve.

I'm guessing you are using the ovals for RF gear. That is the only stuff I own where an instrument that old is worth keeping.

Reply to
miso