Need some old oval 3-pin HP line cords

Mostly I am selling older gear on eBay and need line cords for them. Besides HP, Wavetek also used them.

Having the wrong pin sequence is only a possible problem for internal service. And unlikely to be a big deal.

I believe the above Orion model 28131-76-01 cross reference above is bogus. My search showed this to be a plain old seven foot IEC cord.

Marlin Jones had some of these at $4 but sold out before I could buy them.

I'm wondering if a line cord could not be terminated in three Molex terminals and then backfilled with polyethylene out of a glue gun.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I think that is working on the 'wrong end' though. I've converted a couple pieces of gear to use the IEC socket. It was pretty fast and easy. Now I can get power cables *anywhere*. Luckily, these tools don't decrease in value when modified.

Haven't heard the phrase 'Oscillator Patina' yet on _Antiques Roadshow_.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

ive.

I've heard that sewing-machine suppliers are a possible supplier for these. No idea what part #s to ask for, or whether the line/neutral configuration is the same as HP used, but it's a possible lead.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

one: (928)428-4073

text -

Try a grommet and 2 meters of cable.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Well, as Don Lancaster correctly noted, the cross reference table was wrong, and these Orion things are just overpriced IEC cords. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs