Interfacing a pic18f2520 microcontroller with a cell phone

Hi,

I'm Lusweti. I am working on a project where i have a PIC18F2520 microcontroller taking readings from some sensors and displays them on a

2*8 LCD screen. I need it to further send these readings directly to a cell phone via usb interface. I am designing software to enable the phone to send these data to a website once it receives it.

Now the problem is on how to build an interface betwen the microcontroller and the phone. Is there a way this is possible? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Please inform me as soon as possible.

Thak you.

Reply to
Lusweti

ll

Hmm, that reminds me my old school days. Have a look at www.powercell.cjb.n= et where i have my project. I hop eit can provide you some good starting points. Infact we did the same thing;-)

cheers, ali

Reply to
Ali

My project used my cellphone's serial port. Much easier: just use the PIC's UART. Most cellphones are not USB native: the cable has an RS232 to USB adapter.

If you're forced to use USB, you'll have to write host mode code since the phone's a device (kinda master/slave). Circuit Cellar had articles on the PIC USB devices recently. See

Jeff Jonas