Re: DC Current in Parallel Inductors?

>> I'm in Truckee > >Doing /done the Rubicon Trail, like you threatened?

Not yet; maybe in August.

We were walking around the Rainbow Bridge and decided to hike up to the top of the China Wall, between a couple of tunnels and snow sheds of the original Transcontinental Railroad. It's a nice short steep hike over smooth stepped glacial-looking rocks, with some

3000-year-old petroglyphs here and there. Anyhow, when we got to the top, there were a couple of guys in Jeeps. Turns out that you can quasi-legally enter the tunnels near Sugar Bowl and drive through. One of them is, I think, about 1600 feet long. The Brat will bring up her Jeep in a weekend or two and we'll try it.

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_Donner_Lake.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_Tunnel.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_sign.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_snow_shed.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_wall.jpg

It's a "gravity wall" constructed for the roadbed by hand, from natural uncut rocks, no cement.

The road is Donner Pass Road, old California route 40, a section of the original Lincoln Highway.

Bronze marker courtesy E Clampus Vitus:

Cool stuff.

John

Very nice photos !

TFS.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Nice pictures, John. I shall have to go take a look myself sometime.

You a Clamper, John?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse