More audiophoolery

May be this is because just about anyone can get reasonable amplifier by putting 5 transistors together. It is not so simple with video.

No, it is not. HDTV is the mass market technology, whereas the videophile stuff should be only for the true connoisseurs who can really understand and appreciate.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

knows?)

Well they are around, they tend to keep rather quite

and they do "real testing"

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

It's gotta be the same distortion that the musician listened to in the studio :P Audiophools won't accept distorted distortion. :P The only solution: Pay big $$$$ to fly in the guitarist of Rammstein to listen to the audio system in question and ask, "So...does this sound the same?"

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

What amuses me is people who want to hear the 'pure sound' of a performance. After its been processed to f*ck in the studio then crammed on a CD.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

My take would be that there is much more possibility of objective measurement of display quality on a video signal, you can *see* it, after all. Therefore much less scope for argument and subjective judgement. Maybe I would not want to push this too far, just thinking about color balance and suchlike stuff.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

It also takes a lot more money and technical knowledge to be a videophile. Check the prices of professional colour corrected monitors and projectors (high def). Then we have compression formats etc.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Also,

"Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer."

The arrow on the pictured cable is a *two-headed* arrow!

I guess that's accurate, though. I mean, you wouldn't want someone to accidentally try to transfer a signal sideways across the cable ... ?

--
   Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Reply to

Some group precently released such, and encouraged fans to do their own remixing --- ahh, it was Radiohead ("Nude"), but Trent Reznor has done the same with some Nine Inch Nails tracks, back in 2005.

I don't think this was done out of audiophile considerations, but because fans were already messing around with remixing many groups' songs. Might as well give them better starting material.

--
   Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Reply to
Wim Lewis

knows?)

There are. Ever hear of LaserDisks? The Vidophools *hate* DVDs.

--
Keith
Reply to