Frequency domain simulation in Pspice

Hi peaple,

I try to build pspice simulation to a curcuit which I designed in Orcad. The simulation should be in Frequency domain. In "Simulation settings" I selected AC sweep option, logarithmic(decade) AC sweep type.

Start F=10 End F=100k Points/Decade=100. Unfortunately the simulation is failed because of the following: no AC sources - AC sweep ignored.

But AC source is defined(Vsin) ! The only thing I think may be the problem is the AC source in the Orcade shematics has a defined frequency. Am I right ? How can I fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Eli.

Reply to
Eli

"VSIN" isn't an AC source, it's a sine wave voltage source.

Use part "VAC" (although you can still use "VSIN" but add AC=1 in the selections).

Also make sure your .AC calls the source by its _reference_name_!

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. Now the problem is solved. But would you please explain me the meaning of the AC=1 selection ?

Best Regads,

Eli.

Reply to
Eli

Normalization... "1" = 0dB

For experiment sake, change to AC=0.1 and see what you get.

...Jim Thompson