More audiophoolery

As if 'super cables' werent enough in the analog domain:

-- Regards,

Adrian Jansen adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net Design Engineer J & K Micro Systems Microcomputer solutions for industrial control Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.

Reply to
Adrian Jansen

It *might* have an effect if the digital signal was going straight to a DAC without being re-clocked. The chances of that, however, are negligible in modern equipment.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

What a bunch low life.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

"Hand crimped by virgins" was missing from the blurb

"Hand crimped by Xena"

I'll buy it

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"Attention to detail when building this cable was used by employing high quality insulation and woven jacketing to reduce vibration and to add durability."

Just what I need, cables that "don't vibrate". Is this a problem?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Psssttppt :O ***.. $499.00 !!

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

So what's your complaint? If you didn't spend the 500 bucks on a cable, you'd probably just blow it on something frivolous, like a decent pair of speakers, or shoes for the kids!

Reply to
jd_lark

What do you suppose this means?:

"Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer." Was I asleep in class, or what?

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Ok. So if they sell these, will somebody design a nuance filter? It says they will "bring out the nuances in digital audio reproduction". Audiophools want _audio_ NOT *nuances*. Or at least so I am told. Maybe they like oldances better, I duuno.

Must be a marketing opportunity there.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I think it must be Denon's way of saying that they make this cable to extract money from the kind of nitwits who buy super-cable, but sensible customers shouldn't bother.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Nah ! "Hand crimped by Xena" costs an extra $999.00

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

A possibility is the shield only goes to connector, hence the directionality. The idea is not to have the shield conduct current, which some say makes the shield less effective. Hardly important with digital signals. To be clear, ground is established with one of the inner wires.

Reply to
miso

..."tin bearing"... That means one could do a similar product *without* tin, crow about the lack of "whiskers" and other spiky audio growth - and add ANOTHER $500 to the price...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, playing Devil's Advocate... Sound causes the cable to vibrate and this causes changes in capacitance which induces jitter in the digital signal at the frequency of the sound. etc.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I certainly don't want 'nuances' when I'm listening to Rammstein.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

"Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer." Was I asleep in class, or what?"

Directional markings have long been a staple of "super high-end" audiophool cables. The idea is that they're aligned with (or maybe opposite, who knows?) the way the copper was pulled, and therefore there's a "preferred" direction of signal propagation.

It's all bollocks, of course.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Without doubt.

I can remember blind tests being run to inspect whether people can really tell when a reproduced audio signal has been inverted with respect to the original sound wave it represents. It appears some insist that the sound of a bass-drum hit, for example, is perceptibly different when reproduced inverted ("it sucks, doesn't it?"). As I recall, the tests didn't uncover any ability to distinguish between non-inverted and inverted for music and speech typical of broadcasting.

Chris

PS: this is not about inversion of one half of a stereo pair - for stereo, it is about inversion of both channels simultaneously.

Reply to
christofire

Not if you buy my granite cable ducts for $300 per linear foot!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

There is one thing that I don't understand: with so many audiophiles, why there are no videophiles? There should be much more applications for magic in video compared to the audio.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Isn't that what HDTV addresses?

Chris

Reply to