MM5453N driver for LCD ??

Varitronix makes 6-digit LCD's with 50 pins. What has stopped you from comparing their pinouts to yours?

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Can someone knowledgeable in this area please send me the mfg and part no. of some LCD that work with the 5453 having as many 7 segment digits as possible? 4, 4 1/2, 5 , & 5 1/2. tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

I think I have it figured out. The Lowe HF-235 radio can tune up to X29.999MHz, where X is used as a status indicator and driven by an exclusive-or gate. For display of frequency the leading or most significant digit of the five can only be a one or a two. For a one bits 31 and 32 drive segments b and c. Segments a,d,e,g are tied together and bits 31 and

33 would make a 2. So if I'm using the correct terminology the 5453 is driving a 4 1/2 digit display that has 6 digits where X is driven by another chip and the next digit can only be a one or a two. So I need to find a 6 digit LCD with 50 pins that match. Any ideas appreciated. tnx

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Tim

Thanks for pointing me there. I looked at all the Varitronix 4 1/2, 5, and

6 LCDs and could find nothing with the right pinouts. All the Varitronix LCDs list drivers by OKI, ICM, and others but no MM5453N. I think National and TI made the 5453 and my queries to them have not yet been answered. For a reference the LCD should have DP on pin 13 and 5g on pin 28.
--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Hey Hank,

National info seems to be at

Are you looking for a sub for that LCD or a different driver?

John

and

MM5453N.

Reply to
John Strupat

John I'm looking for a LCD> Got any ideas? tnx

Henry Kolesnik