replacing rubber belts

Hello........ I have a number of older machines (VCR,answering,...) that have old, worn belts. I'm having a hard time sourcing replacement belts. I assume someone still has them (even the manufacturers are dropping these)

Please send me some ideas...........TNX Les KA9GLW

Reply to
les

CPC at Preston still have a pretty comprehensive selection

Andrew

Reply to
Cliff Top

Some hints for cutting your own, especially the flat ones that seem impossible to get. Cut down inner-tubes may vary in thickness and look awful but as the tension in a band is constant it seems to be ok for all but the most discriminating of uses. tips buried on

or

N Cook

Les: Do you Google search ? or Yahoo ? or another search engine ? In less than 10 seconds after I typed in "vcr belts" and clicked on search web I had 144,000 hits with the first several dozen being good sources and suppliers for the various equipment belts you are seeking. Let your fingers do the walking.... I find that Google Web Search is real good for finding what you need.... always try it first. Lots of belts are readily available and are NOT hard to source. The Internet is a good tool to use to find suppliers for these and other "hard to find" parts. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym

I would also recommend Gigablast.

GregS

THANK YOU ! I'll jump over there and look. All my old sources "dried up" due to the integration of newer IC's, as you well know.

Les

Reply to
les