MM5453N LCD ??

Compare what you can make of the pinout to the Varitronix VI-602-DP-RC-S, which is a 50 pin 0.5" 6 digit $9.30 part available from Digikey (datasheets there too, Digikey part #153-1011-ND).

I'm not intimately familiar with the HF-225 but the Lowe's I've seen used "plain vanilla" LCD glass panels.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I just got a Lowe HF-225 and I need the 6 digit display that Lowe uses in their HF receiver HF-225 Part No. O21-1261 6 digit x 12.5 mm LCD, 50 pins, or a cross to a US available part number. Its drven by MM5453N. I'm not familiar enough with all the possiblities to find an LCD that will fit, can some please guide me to a source or a surplus house that might have something. Or if anyone has a non-working HF-225 they like to sell I'm interested. tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Tim Thanks for the lead, now can you tell me the difference between the $9.30 and 11.30. My unit has a big piece of clear plastic that is side lit by 2 leds.. I notice that the driver mentioned is a 4543B whereas I have a 5453. Could this be a problem?

Henry Kolesnik

The cheap one is reflective, the expensive one is transflective. For your edge lighting reflective is probably the right choice.

Probably not. A 50-pin 6-digit LCD display is non-multiplexed, and driver details are irrelevant in this case. It does matter that the pinout match, but the Lowe's that I've seen use plain vanilla LCD displays, nothing fancy, so the Varitronix and Lumex's probably drop in directly.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa