MIT rad lab series

rg/ir/MITSeries.html

ding

I've found some volume's for less than $10 delivered. $3k sounds like too much for all 28.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

From the picture, it is hard to determine the transmitter pulse width as well as the receiver bandwidth. However, the two narrow pulses at left are quite likely due to some leakage from the transmitter rising and falling edge of the transmitting pulse (possibly as an effect of Rx/Tx switching and some AGC effects on the overloading).

A receiver bandwidth of only a few Hertz would be used to detect such pulses, would broaden the received pulse.

The received pulse contains some amplitude variations, which is due to libration fading (constant multipath fading due to constant doppler phase shifts from different regions of the Moon). Such libration fading can be quite severe, which is quite evident in some amateur radio EME (Earth-Moon-Earth) communication recordings of individual Morse code dot or dash in which the amplitude fluctuates violently.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

SED

..

series.http://www.jlab.org/ir/MITSeries.html

reading

I am not sure what to say to you. I have very split feelings on this. On one hand i am glad that you recognized the value of the document to see to the preservation of even a little bit for a few more years. On the other hand it tics me off that you busted up a complete set.

Reply to
JosephKK

reading

and

15

=A0Any

.

=A0Not

flip

cases

too

There are still various webbooks like Dell, and the eeePC.

Reply to
JosephKK