Pasting a Link

I want a link to my web page from a posting on a classifieds (homes for sale) site. I want to copy the address from my browser and consense it to a simple phrase that the user can click on and link to my web page with he info on the home...can anyone help with that?

Reply to
lmfitz

1) DON'T MULTI-POST YOUR QUESTIONS.
2) This is NOT an *electronics* question and is inappropriate for this group. (It is also inappropriate for the *other* group where you posted it). 3) If you have a question about a site, find the **Contact Us** link and talk to the people who run the site. 4) Learn to use a search engine.
*-*-link
JeffM

"JeffM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

*snip*

If you MUST multi-post, please cross post. It makes it much easier for filtering to be effective.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

Puckdropper, You don't seem to appreciate that

*multi-posting* has a very specific meaning and that it is the OPPOSITE of *cross posting*. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:qHhBKJ-sXKYJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post+adequately.answered+corrected+with.commas+individually

Properly phrased, that should have been:

**If you MUST post to multiple groups, please cross-post.**

Yup. Not to mention the Has-Already-Been-Read aspect. ...but a Usenet rookie (and a Google Grouper at that) has no appreciation of either. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:VEjFh2CPNC4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet+follow-Usenet-customs-and-*-rules+*-a-service-for-*-*-*-*+hide-the-fact-*-*-*-they-are-*-on-Usenet+concerns-*-*-*-*-about-the-Google-interface+zzz+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-is-now-legendary+qq-qq+Google-cannot-muster-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Reply to
JeffM

tinyurl.com

--
.
Reply to

"JeffM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

*sarcasm* No, I don't appreciate it. I want it to mean whatever I want! *end*

I think I understand what you mean now... The Wikipedia article makes it difficult to understand, someone with a firm grasp of the concept should edit it.

Multi-post: To post the same basic question to multiple groups, with the question phrased differently.

Agreed.

If the OP had cross-posted in the first place, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion because my newsreader is set to kill cross-posted posts.

*trim*

Puckdropper

Puckdropper