Miniature Transducers

It'll sound like a high voltage spark alright: a 10kV spark (a mere 'click'). Something that sounds more like 100kV is what's required; really more of a sharp ***CRACK***. BTW, none of the sounds on that website PA pointed to were suitable, they weren't sharp and short-duration enough.

Reply to
Chris

I like the 7th -- heard it way too many times. :-)

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

** Correction - I meant no 7.

" Electrical zap, short or spark ".

Resembles a burst of white noise so contains a wide range of frequencies.

You could try discharging an electro charged to say 50V into a 8ohm 2inch dia speaker for a loud crack.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hey no fair! If we're not allowed to ask questions to clarify your stupid request neither are you not allowed to elaborate.

Fuck off!

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

the question, what do you want it for...

is totally relevant here.

You are asking how to make an approximation to an impulse generator.

The first question is how close to an actual impulse do you need?

If you just want it to sound like an electric spark for a sound effect for a play, there are many to choose from. If you want to make an impulse for impulse testing microphones, thats another story.

Mark

Reply to
makolber