miniature antennas

Have you looked into printed circuit antennas?

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Hi,

I have little knowledge about antennas, so I need some direction.

I am needing to find tiny sized antennas for sale.

Can anyone direct me to companies that sell such items for say AM and FM bands, or maybe in the 1-2 GHz range.

This is for a very low power, very short range application.

I searched for this and found some loop type antennas, but I these are too big. It seems there must be some nicer smaller antennas available now. I have found descriptions of the dime types also, but are these in production?

thx, jw

Reply to
jw

How small did you want?

Normal simple antenna.

Piece of wire, length = 234/Frequency in MHZ (meters) Over a ground or counterpoise. (Very good but not practical for AM Broadcast band.)

234 / 1000 MHZ = 234mm 234 / 2000 MHZ = 117mm

Make the ground at least 10% larger.

The Dipole can be bent. It does not have to be perfectly straight.

Reply to
Clarence

I'm looking for something really tiny - 5mm square would be nice. It looks like the dime-type antenna could be this small.

I forgot to mention, this is for a transmit only application, no reception required.

TIA, jw

Reply to
jw