Microwage RF detector

He was doing THz stuff with some other sort of rectifying junction. I think schottkies may be too slow for optical wavelengths.

I've seen papers on schottky-based signal samplers that worked to 250, or maybe 500 GHz.

John

Oh, that's only 0.5THz? How slow... :-)

Now, back to my fast 20kHz sensor design.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I vaguely recall Josephson Junctions ?? ...Jim Thompson

down

out.

Oh, goodle thz schottky

They do work up there.

John

message=20

lay down=20

conductive=20

rectifying=20

power out.=20

the=20

today's=20

IBM...

Somebody did a 70 GS/s 'Scope with them over 25 years ago. It required liquid Helium for the JJ. I think is was 6 bits and 4k sample depth. But that is all i still remember.

Reply to
JosephKK

message

down

out.

That was Hypres, a 70 GHz analog bandwidth equivalent-time sampler. The scope wasn't very practical and they discontinued it. Tek and HP did the same at room temperature. Their web site is down, so maybe they are gone.

John