DVD Laser Head Control

Hi NG.

Has anyone tried to work with DVD writer laser head modules like these:

I do not mean just using the Laser diode from the system, but actually interfacing to the ribbon cable/cable connector supplied ? I am looking for technical specs/datasheet on focus-length, pin-out etc.

The supplier above does not seem to answer my request...but maybe someone here might have tried to use or work with such modules?

Hope you can help me out.

Kindest of Regards Ron

Reply to
RonGr