Micro-coax cable, where to buy?

Gents,

It's been more than 10 years that I needed this but when looking I found that nowadays companies do not stock any very tiny coax. Almost like vaporware along the lines of "we'll make some if a really fat order comes in".

What I need: Coax with an O.D. of 400um (0.015") or less, low stiction of the jacket, impedance is secondary meaning we'll have to adapt, must be easily solderable so no aluminum shield.

Is that available off the shelf or for reasonable (up to the low four-digits) NRE somewhere?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Tried Joy Signal? Or Micro-Coax?

Any chance you could use a flex pcb (Minco or some such) instead of coax?

The cryo guys, LakeShore maybe, make small coax too.

John

You could try asking these guys:

They seem to make the tools for it.

Joop

Reply to
Joop

Yup :-(

Yes, we could. But it'll be expensive because it would need to be coiled for flexibility and then we'd need a 5-6 ft stretch. Typically anything above 3ft gets to be super-pricey.

Thanks, will try.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks, Joop! Not only that, but we'll also need one of those machines.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

John

Try New England Wire.

Graham H

Reply to
Holloway,Graham (UK)

Yeah I get the micro stainless steel coax from them.

But I was hoping this thread would lead to a cheaper source. ($4 a foot!)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

#30 Formvar magnet wire and silver paint? ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks, Graham. Not quite small enough but they are getting really close: