Making anti-static carpet spray?

That's OK; when you premix it to put in your antistatic bottle, you're not "storing" it, it's in use as your antistatic spray bottle contents.

Problem solved! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

We had our offices made with esd carpeting. Thats always an idea.

Reply to
Brian

Spray some WD-40 around? Coat your entire carpet with vegetable oil? (Eww.)

Those "anti-static sheets" used in clothes dryers are not based on conductivity, instead they give your clothes a molecule-thin coating of oil. Then, when the clothes rub together, it's an oil-on-oil contact.

"Electrification by contact" requires dissimilar substances, therefore very little charge-separation occurs with slightly-oily surfaces.

((((((((((((((((((((((( ( ( (o) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty Research Engineer snipped-for-privacy@chem.washington.edu UW Chem Dept, Bagley Hall RM74 snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700 ph425-222-5066 http//staff.washington.edu/wbeaty/

Reply to
Bill Beaty

Did you try Downy free & clear -- no stinkum in it.

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

I think it's the one that says "Don't mix with water and store," leading me to wonder what's going on.

Reply to
mc

Guessing but once sufficiently diluted, the anti-microbial/anti-fungal concentration probably drops below a threshold level and it can "spoil" (grow mold, smell funky, etc.) Probably possible to keep a batch of the diluted solution in the refrigerator. If you have access to one of those kitchen vacuum units (FoodSaver or similar), dump the extra in a Mason jar and evacuate it before storing.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to