carpet cleaning

The carpet cleaners are coming at 3PM. I've totally stripped my office except for a few giant pieces of furniture. Workbench, power strips, soldering station, my photo setup, all sorts of storage and cables and stuff, all out in the hall. I'll have to come back Sunday and try to put my life back together. Maybe move some power strips.

Electronics is really messy. So much stuff.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You just moved in!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs (whose office has had its carpets cleaned once in the last 5 years)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Well, the company is run by a bunch of women who care about dirt and germs and stuff that doesn't matter. I do what I'm told to do.

Carpets aren't the best idea around a workbench with wire bits and solder and tiny parts being tiddly-winked into space about half the time.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Yup. A couple of days ago I launched a $40 On Semi MicroFC 10010 SiPM (1.5x1.8mm) into the air, and it hasn't been seen again. Fortunately I had a spare.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I've always gone for antistatic flooring (with a central drain hole;-/).

Reply to
legg

OK, the carpets are clean, I guess, and I'm in recovery mode. Installed three new power strips below my bench, which was fun since the wall is concrete and I had to hammer-drill the screw holes, whilst scrunched below the bench. My permanant gear is all plugged in below, so the strip on the bench is totally available for visitors.

And I rearranged all the power and networking and kb/monitor/mouse/camera cables for my PC and phone.

Everything works! That doesn't seem right.