Help making shower spray

The shower at the pool I use produces a mist that is such that you have to wonder if the soap is actually rinsed off. So I drilled a rubber stopper with a 1/4" drill. Hey, when I stuff that in the shower head, I get a 3/8" flow of water. How do a shape the hole to get an 8" wide spray at about 2 ft from the shower head?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Buy a proper shower head and drill out the flow restrictor ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

Make a cone shaped hole, with a helical groove along the inside. This spins the water, causing it to break into droplets and spread out (roughly into a cone, as it happens).

It's an exercise for the student to find a drill bit capable of making such a shape. :o)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Make a cone shaped hole, with a helical groove along the inside. This spins the water, causing it to break into droplets and spread out (roughly into a cone, as it happens).

It's an exercise for the student to find a drill bit capable of making such a shape. :o)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Mebbe a countersink reamer might do ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Absolutely.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Already tried that.

Reply to
amdx

OK, Can you think of any tubing configured as you suggest? I could place it inside the Rubber Stopper.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Anarchist!

Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Ya, believe me I looked over that situation. I wonder how long it would last if I changed it, If it did last, I would need to change them all, or that shower would always be busy. The whole shower is a poor design. You can't turn the water on without getting sprayed with cold water. The shower area is two compartments, wet and dry, except the dry area is in the pattern of the shower mist, so it is not dry. But, I'm getting some goods swims in! Gradually increasing laps. Reminds me when I was a kid, you get done swimming, showered, and dressed and you feel just GREAT. When I was a kid, I'd then have a hot dog. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That's the first I did when we moved into this new house... didn't even need a drill... needle-nose pliers was all that was required. ...Jim Thompson

Yes >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Is any space in Florida "dry" ?>:-} My parents were always fond of vacationing in Florida (from West Virginia)... from humid to ugly humid :-(

Once I reached my teens I refused to participate... leave me here to mind the store and the employees. ...Jim Thompson

They are designed to be easy to fix.

A long hot morning shower is fundamental to good electronic design; that's when all the good ideas emerge. The water is a business expense.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hot dogs are still good.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Agreed ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The power company gave out conservation kits that included a flow limiting shower head. It had a button that would reduce the flow significantly. I never could figure out what it did that my faucet didn't already.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes, a drill bit does make such a shape. I pulled a broken drill bit out of my container and broke it into a 3/4 in piece and stuck that in the rubber stopper. It does spread out the stream into two jets with some spray between. I'll experiment with a shorter piece of drill farther back from the output. Pressure makes a difference so I'll need to check it at the pool shower.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

What's happening here? Jim and John becoming friends? ;-)

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

We agree on many things, except when he goes off on one of his psychopathic rants.

His rants have actually been beneficial for business... like that last Spice model I posted (Varistor/MOV), that he really didn't take time to read before going ballistic...

When I first posted the announcement of the model here, my website visitation rate jumped up maybe 20%.

More than a day went by staying at about that same rate.

Larkin began to bloviate... visitation rate QUADRUPLED... and held for about a week ;-)

So I'm working on my next model posting guaranteed to cause him to go crazy again >:-}

Maybe I'll encrypt it... maybe not :-) ...Jim Thompson

Oh, he'll go ballistic again sometime soon. It doesn't matter.