LVDS interface

hi

I want to connect an ADC with 16 parallel CMOS outputs to the C6416 DSP McBsp port using LVDS and maintaining a data rate of 51.2Mbits

the general design is using an LVDS serdes transmitter at the ADCs end, and a standart LVDS receiver at the DSPs end.

how can I do so while keeping the clock restoration (at the receiver end) as accurate as possible?

any advice on LVDS comm. or recommended devices is also welcomed.

Thanks,

Barak Shahar

Reply to
barak shahar

Why do you want to restore a clock ? You could as well transmit it.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I intend to transmit it, but since im working with LVDS, the clock will be transmitted as a differential signal and then restored at the receiver. my question is wether this restoration process (using standart LVDS equip.) is accurate enough to prevent noise and jitter on the restored clock signal.

Reply to
barak shahar