LTspice E-mail Address List Hacked?

I don't know if the LTspice List has been hacked but I'm suddenly barraged with spam, like ~100 E-mails per day... sent to an address I use only for LTspice. So I changed my address. (Easy for me, I maintain ~200 different E-mail addresses just to cope with such situations :-)

(All junk sent from googlegroups... just what you'd expect :-) ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

None coming here.

However, the Yahoo groups do appear to be a bit 'leakier' than, say, the octave group.

100+ a day! What a nuisance. Maybe it's the gov't trying to arouse public outcry so they will be 'asked' to police the 'net.:)
Reply to
Robert Macy

Actually I think it's someone who lurks on these newsgroups. Every time I really annoy someone here I get a rash of spam. But, with multiple E-mail addresses (I have ~200 active), it's trivial to kill it. ...Jim Thompson

But..but..motorbutt. Zee Feds zey arr dewing tat now.

Reply to
Robert Baer

If you are referring to the Yahoo Group I subscribe and have not noticed a change in the 'net noise level... John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

I had _zero_ noise level, because I used that address only for LTspice, then boom... the barrage hit... mostly in Chinese characters.

So I changed the address and I'm back to zero noise. ...Jim Thompson