LT Spice question

is a

it an

it'll probably

including

danger

Why? You could recycle the rock or brick from a Roman building and make a new one. They built really good stuff, it's just that this whole empire thing went to their heads.

To me it is. I like stuff I can build and not have to touch it again for decades.

That case was in the high five digits. For most people on fixed income that is a whole lotta money. Tile all cracked, of course discontinued years ago, bathtub hosed, and so on. That bathroom had to be completely gutted and built up from scratch. After the structural stuff was repaired, of course, and that cost extra.

Last time I needed a bathroom gut-and-redo I got bids and almost froze. Took three weeks off and did it myself. It is next to impossible for an engineer to make this much money in three weeks after taxes.

You don't have to. Use concrete where practical and metal only where needed.

in

like

The only way was to open the windows and then it got cold very fast. Man needs a certain amount of oxygen to remain productive.

We actually have that. Thus no rot on those.

I remember the wood frame windows we had at our previous house (got rid of those and had metal-core ones put in). Or the ones at my student quarters. You had to be on the ladder regularly. The usual, peel, scrape, sand, cough your lungs out, prime, paint. Then if you are super lucky one of them decides to warp a little and now you have a real restore job on your hands. I have better things to do :-)

Wood is a wonderful building material. If it's indoors ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I've seen I-5 closed because of snow, 100 miles North of LA.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

What, the sort of snow they put up their nose? ;-)

Hell, this place gets shut down once, or so (twice in '10/'11), a year because some dumbass forecasted snow. ;-)

Reply to
krw

What's shocking is that I-80, from San Francisco over the Sierras, gets down to two lanes, and in the winter often requires chains and is often closed, because of whiteouts or spinouts. It's a major east-west US highway.

John

At least that's better than Donner, or Tioga, or SR89 ;-)

I-80 gets closed totally traversing Wyoming, around Laramie and Cheyenne, so often that there are permanently installed gates.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse