TI's Web Bench question

I can't find a way to get TI's model into LTspice. So, I tried TI's online simulator. It does not give a reasonable output even using their default schematic. And, it is glacially slow -- they say it might take up to 15 minutes to complete an analysis.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
John S

I've tried to run Webench but it never ran on any of my computers. I'm guessing it's running Javascript on your PC, or delegating the math to some server.

One of my guys can actually run Tina, but I don't want to use it for anything serious.

We have imported a few of the TI Pspice models into LT, but it's a minor hassle, especially the symbols.

What part are you trying to import?

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Thanks for your reply. It is the TPS62177DQCT.

Reply to
John S

What sort of trouble do you have importing the model to LTspice. Is it that the model isn't working at all or that it isn't simulating as the device should work? Any error messages?

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

I can't find a file on the TI Web site that looks like a model file.

Reply to
John S

We recently imported the OPA547 model from TI, and hacked it into LT Spice. I can run a circuit if just the .cir and .asy files are present in the local folder.

The .cir is a text file, presumably Pspice compatible, but it says it's for TINA. LT spice likes it, but you have to connect it to a symbol. It will default to making a really ugly box that looks nothing like an opamp.

There's probably tutorials and stuff online. There is tons of help available for LT Spice.

I'm using the TPS54302 and we couldn't get that into LT, probably encripted or something. I breadboarded that one.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Thanks, John. I'll try again and see what I can do. Although the TPS62177DQCT is a switching regulator and not an op-amp.

Reply to
John S

Agreed with this. For years I used LTSpice on designs of my own; Even Symetrics/Simpliss can not compete with LTSpice.

Remember M. Engelhardt speaking about intuition (and Janis Joplin ;-) )

I bless him for this masterpiece, me a senior analog engineer.

habib

:

eir

ke

that the model isn't working at all or that it isn't simulating as the dev ice should work? Any error messages?

Oh, you need to write and ask. That was the only way I got a model for one of their 555 timer chips. Even then it was a TINA model and used at least one feature that was unique to that software. A simple change to the mode l file fixed it. They define internally the voltage as a function of tempe rature called VT. You could define the function or just make it 25 mV.

I thought it was weird that I had to ask support for it, but many companies are like that. Some companies will put models on their web pages, but if there's one without a model and you ask for it, they will provide one. I s uspect they have someone write it for you. That was a transistor, so not s o hard for the designer to specify something close to the real device.

Still, seek and ye shall receive.

--
  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging