low jitter PLL

dear all:

what's the best low jitter PLL on the market? I want to achieve ~20-50 fs jitter from clock generator. $60 is okay.

BR, Bigboy

Reply to
bigcaboy

Why do you want 20 fs jitter?

Why do you ask vague questions that nobody can possibly answer?

John

It is not the PLL that does the jitter, it is the divider ratio and it is the VCO. And not at least it is the frequency. At 40GHz is is much easier to reach 50fs than at 40MHz.

I second John's question : what is the purpose ? A modelocked laser ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

*** gmail/googlegroups/kiddie-poster ALERT ***

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | A simulation, struggling to converge, is telling you something Maybe your idea of a ring of current mirrors is flawed ?:-)

I don't want to confuse your. 20 fs jitter of clock synthesizer, more precisely.

20 fs jitter is easy for an electro-optic oscillator. But I am looking for a quick, easy, single chip solution. mode lock laser yes.

Reply to
bigcaboy