Re: Renaming multiple files???

Try searching for Bulk Renamer. It's probably the best and its free. It has several methods to rename such as reg exp, simple insert, replace, etc...

> I need to rename multiple files, as for example... > > DSC00062.JPG > | > | > | > DSC00098.JPG > > to... > > Thanksgiving00062.JPG > | > | > | > Thanksgiving00098.JPG > > I vaguely remember, in DOS, that I could type: > > REN DSC*.JPG NAME*.JPG > > But that won't handle long files names, plus it's a pain dropping into > the crappy DOS window. > > Anyone know a trick or a utility (doesn't have to be free) that can do > this? > > Thanks! > >
Reply to
Jon Slaughter

[snip]

That certainly seems the best. Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

When the Russians try to take back Eastern Europe I will be amongst the first to join the call: "It's not our war, it's just a civil war."

has

.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Total commander is a windows app that mimics the GUI of the Norten Commander for DOS. It has a lot of features including a Multi Renaming Tool:

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund