looking for LM2940-5.0 datasheet

Hi,

I'm looking for the datasheet of the LM2940-5.0 regulator, the one used with the Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 (small 8-pin SMT). I can only find the datasheet for a higher current 1A TO-220 model on Internet.

Thanks! M.S.

Reply to
M. Saindoux

This one

has the 8 pin LLP package.

Reply to
John Popelish

???

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

I already got that PDF but no mention of a low power model with 100 or 50mA output ???

M.S.

Reply to
M. Saindoux

Hello M. Saindoux,

Low power doesn't necessarily mean low current. Power would be the total dissipation which is, of course, smaller for the small devices when compared to a TO220.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

The link provided has a data sheet describing the LLP part. The sheet is dated Jan2003.

If the part you are looking for is really SO-8 or similar, then perhaps a more recent datasheet will cover it. Perhaps you've got the wrong part number or a rogue package from a different mfr. Some wafers are just not suited to SO-8, due to real estate requirements.

Niether STMicro or Fairchild brand an SO-8 with this part number.

LM317L, 78L05 and LP2950/2954 are all available in SO-8. 78L05 and LP2954 have a fixed 5V version.

The schematic for the Basic Stamp 2 lists LM2936 as the on-board regulator.

RL

Reply to
legg

Ok! I understand now. There are two BS2 schematics, I picked the wrong one, thenOEM version. Indeed it is in fact a LM2936 which is a 50mA regulator.

Thanks... to the others too!

M.S.

Reply to
M. Saindoux