Looking for op amp for voltage reference

Hi. I'm looking for a single package op amp to use as a voltage reference. It doesn't have to be super accurate. What is a general purpose op amp in an 8 pin DIP? Thanks, Brian

Reply to
SuperBK

Do you want a voltage reference, an op-amp or both? They are not the same thing.

You can use the voltage regulator your circuit runs on as the reference if there is one.

The LM741 and TL071 or TL072 come to mind.

The LT1206 will do more of the things you want op-amps to do than many others. Beware that it has a funny pin out. It is a high power current feedback amplifier that works will up to a few 10s of MHz.

Reply to
MooseFET

I use DIP's if I think it's going to burn out. Op amp + ref example: LT1635

Reply to
D from BC

TL431 and TL431L are very common op amp with an internal voltage reference. With a few resistors, the output acts as a shunt regulator at whatever voltage you set it to.

Reply to
Traver

They actually make micropower voltage reference sources. The most recent ones I saw were from Maxim / Dallas and came in nice TO-92 packages. Many pre-set voltages to choose from. Let me know if you need a part number. I have not tossed out the literature they sent in the mail last week.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm