Looking for a Low Cost On Delay Timer

seconds. Then output will go back off and stay off until the input goes to zero. Then cycle starts again.

one with NC contacts. Tons of stuff $100+, but for this application, it has to be under $20.

something together from components but my brain is too far behind these days. I'm going to give this a shot and hopefully I'm not picking the wrong one. It's $5 at Frys...

Well, I made a real mess of the first board, thanks to a new Weller soldering iron. Ended up digging out my old Radio Shack iron which worked 10 times better - same type and wattage as the Weller. Here's the soldering job on each board....

Anyway, I made the changes Spehro mentioned and it works perfectly!

First I snipped the R3 out of the circut which caused the LED to act as a one-shot as needed. So with that good news, I added the jumper and now the relay is in the circuit and I am in Fat City!

FYI, on the left is the assembled board from the kit. Right shows it with the jumper added.

Thanks again to all for this very educational journey!

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

On a sunny day (Sun, 8 Sep 2013 22:02:46 -0700) it happened "Guv Bob" wrote in :

You need to work on your soldering skills.

Maybe your temperature on the weller was not right, too low?

Should be like this for example:

Jan Panteltje

Thank you for your opinions.

Reply to