Look at my Wave Generator, or "Garage Tek Introduces..."

Now I feel bad for picking on someone with Alzheimer's. Why can't I just leave idiots alone? Why do I have to point out their stupidity for the world to see? Why? WHY? So when are you giving lectures at MIT? Right after the Time Cube guy?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Nice looking LC meters. I wouldn't go for that esthetic quite, but a very clean job of it.

When L/C meter crosses my mind, I file it with ''too competitive'', because there are many manufacturors of L/C meters.. maybe there is some special feature I missed. Without access to laborers I have to merely incarcerate instead of pay (no reference to china intended), I don't want to compete with existing products, except for a rudimentary line of high quality amplifiers for science types.

I'm one of the 10,000 people who thinks he can do something interesting with persistance of vision, having a rudimentary working prototype, but still with the necessary computer interface it will take some time to develop.

The marketplace for sensing ought to be workable, as the need to measure environmentals is real.

None of the basic ideas for 'gadgets people needs' I have are all that satisfying to make, but they are all things I need too, and could provide a springboard for keeping the bills paid while I rachet up to more interesting realms, including custom solutions.. engineered hardware for any application.

Starting with a decent oscillator was a coin-toss type decision, and a tool that I needed, and serves as an exercise to doing the next thing better... and in an anodized aluminum case, which will take those funky looking labels nicely.

I would like to see the link to any pocket-sized generator with a bnc connector and two thumb-screwable banana posts.

Reply to
engineer

Here is a BNC one:

You can use a BNC-banana converter on any BNC oscillator or vice-versa. Or simply mount them permanately on the box in parallel.

I know many people who have modified my two portable oscillator designs for battery power and/or BNC/banana output:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Dave, that DDS thing is a beauty! Do you have to "assemble" the frequency in your head by reading the 7 segment number that corresponds to the LED indicated decimal position? That's pretty clever.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

"Square wave ne555 buzzers" market is not competitive for a simple reason, there is no such market.

Go look for Omar and start a club. You share the same persistance in your delusions.

To buzz where no man has buzzed before...

Persistance of delusion perhaps...

May I propose this interesting design? It fits the 'gadgets people needs' requirement and has a much higher selling potential, just think of all the cats out there. Anyway, here it is:

Siol
Rather than a heartless beep
Or a rude error message,
See these simple words: "File not found."
Reply to
SioL

Yep, precisely. "assemble" is a good word for it. The LEDs below indicating which digit position you are looking at make it a surprisingly quick and intuitive display when you cycle through. Main benefit is it saves cost and board space etc, but I thought it was pretty cool so just had to do it that way!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Also,

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You might want to try posting in misc.business.product-dev-- the group there is more oriented toward the sort of thing you are working on, plus it is moderated so that immoderate comments (among other things) are rather less likely.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

to snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com and John Fields:

Please note the date this thread started : 27th and 28th are here where I live known as "Rosenmontag" and "Fastnacht" - can't be translated literally. But notes a time period when people here start to react strange, play a kind of "carnival" in larger groups and this repeats each year.

So may be not common in the states or in other places of the world. But quite well known in europe. If you dig a little bit into/for the webaddress of the person titles himself as "engeneer", you both ( snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com and John Fields) will note that "enegeneer" seems to be a fan of this kind of "humour".

To me it looks "engeneer" has put a mouse trap with starting this thread, so I guess one should take this thread with "cum granum salis".

Okay, one final remark from my side: I am not associated nor in any other way affiliated, etc with "enegeneer". But may be after living for some decades in europe, I am just a little bit more used to these kind of threads in the newsgroups here.

HTH, just IMHO

Andreas

Reply to
tekamn

Still pedaling this bit of tat I see. have a look on rswww.com stock no

205-968 to see how do do it properly, note the price very carefully.
Reply to
cbarn24050

"Spehro Pefhany" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Sheesh, yes, let Guy Macon deal with it. He probably suggests to put his resistor decade box on the output, user definable output impedance!

But honestly, it looks like a nice box, good enough for various little experiments. It's not that we need precise 50ohm output impedance every day. For hobby purposes, his 250mA output drive is actually quite convenient, allows you to drive small relays and lamps, play with inductors and make silly smps experiments and what have you. A higher output voltage would make it a bit more useful, I'd think.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Frank if you want a generator for doing silly smps experiments with I have just the thing.

Reply to
cbarn24050

"John Fields" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

He could post them on his website, like he did with the pictures.

The pictures of the box alone didn't give us much material to comment on. At least a few pictures of the PCB would be nice.

Couple of years ago I designed a hobbyist kit too, a small DDS generator for low frequencies. I sold three ;) What a disaster. The difficult part is to design it so that it looks nice, works reasonable, easy to build, low priced etc. And to do it all by yourself, requires different talents, and a strong desire to waste time:

Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Hi Frank,

The first 2 links don't work. But I like your website, and those Nixie clocks!

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Thanks - fixed some scripts here, the links above work now ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

An advanced luxury model, I see :)

SioL

Reply to
SioL

tekamn wrote: "So may be not common in the states or in other places of the world. But quite well known in europe. If you dig a little bit into/for the webaddress of the person titles himself as "engeneer", you both ( snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com and John Fields) will note that "enegeneer" seems to be a fan of this kind of "humour".

To me it looks "engeneer" has put a mouse trap with starting this thread, so I guess one should take this thread with "cum granum salis". "

That's why his original posts have disappeared? Look, I'm having a lot of fun here, I couldn't sleep last night because I kept laughing at the nonsense I saw, and the nonsense I wrote, too. You'll notice 'engineer' is trying to launch a fuse into space now. I think he's quite serious in his delusions. I get more entertainment hanging out on the usenet for an hour than I could get from TV.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Yes, of course.  What _was_ I thinking???
Reply to
John Fields

Cool.

I see you're using oscommerce on your website. How did you do the scrolling Links Area?

The PSU units you have in your shop sell for 2-3x the price around here. Are these one-offs? I'm actually seriously considering buying a few.

And what is this? :)

Siol
Rather than a heartless beep
Or a rude error message,
See these simple words: "File not found."
Reply to
SioL

--
Hmmm...

I doubt it.

What I see is a smug little prig trying to do some pontificating.
Reply to
John Fields