hey, look at this:

Fireballs: these things seems to interact with themselves and wires too:

Jan Panteltje

Somebody incidentally creating fireworks very faintly resembling ball lightening while doing metalworking. Just hot metal burning away.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:51:20 GMT) it happened joseph2k wrote in :

Yes, likely, I agree. The balls in the other video (you can click) are real however. I have seen a real ball lightning myself.

It appeared in front of my open window just after lightning struck somewhere, and floated there for several seconds. In a way I was afraid it would come into the room, but it then started slowly going down, and exploded on the downstairs neighbour's antenna that was between 2 trees. Next morning went to look, only the ends of that antenna were left.

Some observations: No heat coming from that thing. Totally opague, dim white. No sound or airflows.

I personally think: 'Electron black hole' (Look up Murat Ozer's paper

) There is a paper too at the physics preview server. The size: about 30 cm, but could have been 50cm, so that would match.

Facinating :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje