Locking 120V AC connectors

Hi,

I am looking for a connector that is as small as possible for power entry.

I have a Neutrik powercon M/F set but, the female panel mount requires more than an inch depth!

The device I am working with has 1 inch depth, so the panel mount connector can only be half that

to allow for wire connection clearance.

I have an IEC panel mount but, it doesn't lock.

Any suggestions ?

Reply to
Ron Russell

Hello Ron,

I would contact all the connector manufacturers. They know their stuff quite well. That is what we did in a similar situation. Ours was more than an inch deep since we wanted it sturdy but I know they had smaller ones. Could have been AMP, it's too long ago.

If cost isn't an issue you could check out companies like Deutsch ECD. Pricey but it'll survive World War III.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Ron Russell"

** The PowerCon is a rare example of a locking mains connector.

But be aware - it is not approved for general appliance usage like the IEC one is.

** Use a fixed cable.

Reply to
Phil Allison