120V AC conncetor

Hi,

I am looking for a connector that is as small as possible for power entry.

I have a Neutrik powercon M/F set but, the female panel mount requires more than an inch depth!

The device I am working with has 1 inch depth, so the panel mount connector can only be half that

to allow for wire connection clearance.

I have an IEC panel mount but, it doesn't lock.

Any suggestions ?

Reply to
Ron Russell

Would it work to go with a plug-mounted SMPS, and use a small connector (e.g. 2.1mm x 5.5mm coax) for the connection to the unit being powered? Some of those plug-mounted SMPSs are not much bigger than a regular plug, these days.

I'm guessing your power requirements are relatively low since if you've only got an inch of clearance front to back in your unit you must not have a very big transformer in there. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Reply to
Walter Harley

What you are asking for is not possible given that mains power connectors have stringent safety requirements which place limitations on the ability to minimise dimensions beyond a certain point.

The smallest panel mount mains input connector I have encountered is made by Bulgin (PX0429). However, this is non-locking and even then has a depth of 19.8mm.

Ross Herbert