LM310/LM110 - need a replacement

I need a replacement for this device in an 8pin dip package. Does anyone have an extra they want to sell or barter? These a unity gain, Jfet, buffers. Mine is being used in a sample and hold circuit that bit the dust. I'm trying to not have to kludge a fix.

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

If I think of, I'll bring a couple home monday. I'm sure we have spares since we have boards that use them.

Reply to
Jamie

It looks like (you better check if you use this idea) that an TL071 (jfet inputs) would slot in very well if you can live with the reduced bandwidth (3MHz vs 20MHz) and slew rate (13V/uS vs 40V/us)

Reply to
David Eather

Unicorn Electronics has the LM310N in stock at

They have a $25.00 minimum, but they ship quickly. Have ordered many times from Unicorn with excellent service. Consolidated also lists them as being in stock at
They have a $25.00 minimum as well.

--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

"Jim Flanagan"

** Better take a look at a data sheet.

The LM310 is not jfet.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nice to know about that site, I noticed they're not cheap!

I also noticed they have some LM377N which I have a crap load of from years ago :) I used them not for audio but for small servo to run little DC motors in a bridge mode. Maybe I can offer to sell them! :)

Reply to
Jamie

Yes... you are quite right. Not sure where I got 'JFET' input from? Thanks

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

** 1nA input bias current gives one that sort of impression.

Seems to be using the same "super gain" NPN transistors for the inputs as the LM308 does.

Amazing stuff for ICs released in the late 1960s.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

m?

uts as

Bob Widlar was amazing.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

NTE crossrefs to a NTE924

$15 at Mouser (ouch)

Reply to
JW

The LM110/310 is a follower - i.e., unity gain, so if you used an opamp, you'd have to add a clooge to strap it down to unity gain.

Doesn't have to be a _big_ clooge, if it's a one-off; just lash up a feedback resistor somewhere near the chip, or maybe even just short the output to the "-" input.

One time, my engineer and I were musing about a circuit - he said, "A zero gain inverter? What would you use a zero gain inverter for?" I said, "virtual ground." He went, "Ah." and went away happy. :-)

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi Rich.. Thanks, yes doing what you mentioned is certainly an easy option. I may end up doing that in the end. Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan