Linux sucks

Nope. No SSD failures yet either.

Reply to
Mycelium

Could be worse than that... could say "Mass Halted".

Ever watch Bugs Bunny fly a plane equipped with a Gremlin?

Reply to
Mycelium

movies

By track record, the early Airbus 300s and 310s had an excessive landing=20 crash rates due to design vs training problems with the digital flight=20 controls which were very modal. This has since been resolved.

Reply to
JosephKK

Not personally, but i have heard reports that i trust. Several year old=20 heavily used flash was the most common.

Reply to
JosephKK

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

The A300 and A310 had conventional controls.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

When landing, big planes have what they refer to as a squish area right as they fall in over the runway.

The C-17, having "blown flaps" experiences exactly ZERO lead in 'squish', so it fools the hell out of every first time C-17 pilot, especially if previously experienced with big craft.

Reply to
Mycelium

Its not just about safety. Airbus airplanes make a crappy impression. Very little space for hand luggage. Small toilets. Everthing looks like it is going to fall apart from just looking at it.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

movies

landing

I am certain about digital flight controls in the case of the A310. =20 It was regular reading in comp.risks.

Reply to
JosephKK

Boeings are the Chevrolets (or Cadillacs), Airbuses are Fords.

Reply to
Mycelium

If, as I assume, we're talking about fly-by-wire controls, they first appeared on the A320. The A310 was really just an A300 derivative.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Big Endian Chief say "You haveum pow-wow to decide crash or reset?"

"Death or Chi Chi?"

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yes. But it sucks less than the alternatives.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Sacred cows make the best hamburger. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

ies

We flew through a typhoon on the way to Manila from Mindanao on an Airbus (A319 I think). I was very impressed that the wings managed to stay attached to the aircraft.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Boeing now owns McDonnell Douglas as well, and IIRC, it was their craft that were made into the Hurricane trekkers

Reply to
Mycelium

:

movies

an

ft

Oh well that's... just... great. And I'm happy I'm not a crew member on one of those trekker missions. I'm really not a happy camper when the plane flies sideways.

Reply to
Michael

Lockheed WC130s.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

e:

movies

an

.

r craft

NOAA uses Lockheed P3 Orions, and a Gulfstream G-IV (for AlBore, no doubt ;).

keithw86

movies

Well, as long as Boeing and McDD have been around, I would think their wings would hold up as well.

Reply to
Mycelium