Weird Magnavox console tv problem

I just got an old 1992 console tv, about 27" color with remote, black and white PIP, and B&W freeze frame. The onscreen display always looks fine, but the picture from either the antenna or rca video in sometimes is very dark or static or otherwise funky. Sometimes it works fine though. The audio always works fine.

I have the manual if you need some specs. Any information helpfull.

Reply to
tsdave

I just got an old 1992 console tv, about 27" color with remote, black and white PIP, and B&W freeze frame. The onscreen display always looks fine, but the picture from either the antenna or rca video in sometimes is very dark or static or otherwise funky. Sometimes it works fine though. The audio always works fine.

I have the manual if you need some specs. Any information helpfull.

Reply to
tsdave

Desolder the PIP module and remove c4 ,a 4volt electrolytic cap. Clean the goo off the board and any corrosion and install a new cap. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

As Chuck stated, & also POSSIBLY a 100 uf @ 250 volt capacitor by the flyback. Depends on what model it is. Dani.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: