Let's Take A Vote...

A diesel engine pollutes the air LESS than a gasoline engine does, idiot.

The particulates enitted are heavy, and they do NOT remain suspended in our atmosphere, idiot!

A diesel engine is the least pollutive combustion engine in current mass use.

Reply to
Nunya

AlwaysWrong keeps his perfect record intact.

No, they end up in your lungs, idiot!

AlwaysWrong reasserts his *wrong* statements.

Reply to
krw

Settling times are probably in weeks, with the smaller (and more dangerous) particles staying suspended longer. So, unlike CO2, we could dramatically reduce the effects of particulates fairly soon, and at small relative expense.

Hey, you never let facts, or even real-life experience, or your own eyeballs, interfere with your opinions.

I bet you drive a diesel of some sort. I bet it's ugly.

John

You've got to admire that sort of consistency.

John

It's entirely possible that particulates increase the albedo of the atmosphere. A measurable increase in solar load was... measured when all air travel was suspended after

9/11 .

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Wrong again, Johnny. My carbon footprint puts all of you to shame.

Three of me would use less than one of you asswipes.

You probably have an ugly portrait of yourself up in the attic, with dripping, oozing pustules allover your face. At least... that's what a little punk like you deserves.

Reply to
Nunya

You're an idiot. TRUCKS are delibrately set rich, idiot.

Now I just KNOW that you are too damned stupid to understand that premise, much less why they do it, but that is NOT how consumer diesel engines are set up... AT ALL!

Truck, train, and fixed setting diesels are also open exhaust designs. Consumer diesels have deliberately designed exhaust pathways such that particulates are reduced by that alone as well. Consume diesels have many features that make them far far less pollutive than the engines your figures are related to. More proof that ANYONE can skew ANY set of statistical data. That is why it id called data. It is NOT "information" until properly disseminated. Diesels can operate VERY cleanly. Only pussy boys that see a truck belch black have pussy boy issues. Are you one such pussy boy?

Reply to
Nunya

ed

Since when do airplanes operate on diesel engines?

Reply to
Nunya

I did not know that. Do you have a source for that knowledge?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Wrong, AlwaysWrong. You're always wrong. Your bullshit footprint puts the planet to shame, too.

The homeless don't use much energy, no. ...unless you count the public library where you post from.

Projection.

Reply to
krw

Diesel VW Jetta: 42mpg, low rpm vehicle.

Gasoline vehicle: nowhere close to that mileage, lower efficiency drivetrain as well. More pollution per mile.

Case closed.

Reply to
Nunya

ve

s.

,

ded

nt

Ah. Proof by assertion.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Nunya

John

give

ts to

tes.

es,

ended

rent

proof by pound-for-pound assertion as well then, I guess.

Nunya

very first line on the page:

"The aircraft diesel engine or aero diesel has not been widely used as an aircraft engine. "

In other words, sure... it has been done, and even still may have an iteration or two, but it is NOT the generally accepted use.

Perhaps it would make a nice engine for a derigible.

Reply to
Nunya

Do remember he lives in the leftwing litigeous armpit of the world.

Reply to
JosephKK

I am not conflating them, the article _you_ cited above does. Your shame is that you do not understand that. BTW i notice you are backpedaling. And finally how about you look at just how much they have been cleaned up over the last 50 years?

Just the same you have not yet answered original the questions posed.

Reply to
JosephKK

The article is short and plainly written. It's not hard to understand. The good news there is that climate geeks are finally onto something real, and thet we can do something about without decimating civilization. That's a welcome burst of sanity.

I still see lots of trucks and ships belching black diesel fumes. And China and India are building unfiltered coal power plants.

John

He talks anti-left, but I suspect closet activity of a variety of kinds :-)

The asshole of the nation, BTW, is Boston ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.