LCD cleaning

That's d-Limonene according to the MSDS sheet:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 05:20:02 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Yes, but the spring loaded tip is just like those in a flux pen and allows one to "scrub" the 'spot' at issue. And you do not need a cloth to pour it onto like with goo off.

The pen only releases what you allow it to with its spring loaded applicator tip.

So, in that respect alone, it is worth the premium price.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No thanks. I can see the benefit, but my pocket protector is already fully occupied with the necessities of geekdom. For a very short time, I carried a similar pocket oil dispenser, which tended to leak with altitude change and bouncing around. After a few lubricated shirts, I retired it to the workbench. The smell of the oil was also a problem. I can only imagine the stench of wearing a can of d-Limonene. Wearing garlic, in the traditional manner, around my neck would be equally effective.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 07:54:28 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

That is where this belongs. Right next to the flux pen and solder roll(s)(depends on if you do RoHS)(otherwise, just 'roll').

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 07:54:28 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

The cap fits tightly and the only exposure is the tip within the cap, so next to no odour to speak of. Your self stench would certainly be more prevalent.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I don't question the stuff in a pen would be great for cleaning small things on a board, but the guy with tape adhesive problems was working on a car tail light.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:11:17 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader Gave us:

It works on a variety of surfaces.

Another good one is a brominated "solvent". They are safe on many plastics.

"Ensolv" is a good brand. Not cheap.