Killer laser:

It is legal to build, own and use. Just not in public. The first time you cause damage to someone or someone's property you are legally, and/or criminally liable.

Hey! Great way to burn out the receiver in a cop's laser driven speed measuring instrument.

I am going to build both the laser, as well as the flashlight. I'll put the flashlight on my bike for a headlight.

Long time, no see AL! Nice to know that you are still around.

How did your eotvos experiment go? Get good results?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

More powerful than ANY laser pointer of the class that IS legal.

I am quite sure it is maxed out as well, and will have a very short lifespan in that set-up. Still, far more dangerous than anything you can buy for that money. Most start at hundreds of dollars.

Explosives are easy. Implementation is the bitch.

I like the Saturday Night Live skit "He blowed up R E A L good!

They blow up old bands from the seventies.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Idiot. GPS receivers get their time cues from GPS satellites, which DO have atomic clocks.

You're a goddamned retard.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

It would likely work even better if the lens section from a real laser pointer was placed in front of it.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

A lot more than a simple laser pointer.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Did you even watch the video, idiot?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

A locally proximal 50 kiloton nuke would likely "move" it.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

DVD ones should be visible, but CD ones are not.

Some burners have lasers of more than 100mW so it might light a match if well focused, but probably not a candle I guess.

See:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

It's a Tipler laser!

Reply to
Neil Bates

Yeh sorry, I just don't buy it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

There are a number of US companies who sell green laser pointers that can burn.

HardySpicer

That's because right along with you being a total mental midget, you are also a technological retard as well.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Except that the "high power" lasers they sell are NOT "laser pointers".

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I always thought the DVD lasers were infrared ? The pinout of a laser pointer is definitely not the one shown in the movie. The standard pinout includes amonitor diode. The movie thus likely is a scam.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

It's not. There are other websites with the same info.

(dipshit!)

Reply to
HardySpicer

On a sunny day (Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:24:39 -0500) it happened "amdx" wrote in :

About 200mW for a 16 x burner.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:22:15 -0700) it happened ChairmanOfTheBored wrote in :

He has a section with collimator lens added. here is some more detail, diagrams, :

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:43:52 -0700) it happened HardySpicer wrote in :

mmm 500$ for the same thing (a 16x DVD burner is < 50$). ? Not a good deal.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:32:48 +0200) it happened Rene Tschaggelar wrote in :

You opinion is added to the round bin. CD player started IR. DVD has red laser (higher frequency shorter wavelength, more data), and these days we have Blu-Ray (so blue laser, even shorter wavelength, even more data).

Will he have UV players? maybe.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:fa18db$ibq$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Sure, a $50 DVD burner and $450 worth of precision shop work. Once I used to try simple assembly tasks like that, and found them extremely dificult for the amateur, and typically unreliable if not done by a skilled professional.

Reply to
John Schutkeker