Gypsy candle holder

OK, here's one for you creative minds. We got a bottle of Chianti - you know, those straw-covered italian red wine bottles that everyone sticks candles into.

Well, my wife wants me to make it into a lamp. So I thought of maybe putting some LEDs into the bottle to light up the base with a soft glow, and then putting something on top to provide more soft glow.

So, any suggestions? This is kind of nebulous, and I'm looking for something fairly simple and inexpensive, but some playful ideas for turning the old hippie candle holder into a modern age light for aging hippes :-)

--Kamus

--
    o__      |  If you're old, eat right and ride a decent bike.

Try that Neon wire the computer case modifiers use.

Scroll down these pages for an example...

How to cut it..

CWatters