top-loading coin cell holder

I'm looking for a top-loading coin cell holder with a screw-on cover that can be soldered or otherwise attached to a PCB. Specifically, I'm looking for something to hold a 2032, 2025 or 2016 coin cell. Ideally, I'd like a complete sub-assembly that can be soldered onto the PCB and accessed via a ~21mm hole in the enclosure. The idea would be that the top of the holder would be flush with the outside of the enclosure and the user would simply unscrew the cover with a screwdriver to replace the battery. I've checked our usual suppliers and did a Goggle search, but haven't found anything yet. Thanks in advance.

-- Chuck Cox SynchroSystems Motorsport Computers Hopped/Up Racing Team

Reply to
Charles Cox

I have doubts about the mechanical viability of such a construct. Solder is somewhat brittle, so you don't want unwary users exterting unchecked amounts of force on an object mechanically linked to soldered connections --- the risk of breaking them is just *too* high. And that's before you consider somebody exerting enough force on that screw-top to possibly even bend and damage the PCB itself.

There is a reason battery holders are almost invariably connected to the PCB by pieces of cable, see?

My guess would be that for reasons like the above, the part makers decided that nobody would want such a piece, and therefore don't make them.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

be

with

There are such things from Dallas/Maxim for holding IButtons. Perhaps an IButton is the same size as a battery you can use.

These are snap-in, not screw top.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney