Lithium Ion Battery Holder

Hi All,

I am planning to use the following battery but unable to find the surface mount or through hole holder for it. Can anybody give me some direction.

or

Regards, John

Reply to
john

"john"

** Can't imagine why anyone would make a holder for a battery that has no contacts and is intended to be wired into a device.

The part is stated to be obsolete as well.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

From the maker's datasheet, it looks to me like a PC board with the battery mounted to it, and with wire leads - not something that I would expect to find any form of socket or holder for. Also, Mouser indicates the thing is obsolete - you might want to look for something that is not (yet) obsolete (but if you'll only ever use one, that may not matter...)(On a further look at Mouser, they show none available - you'd better look for something that they have in stock...)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

.

Try this store. They can electroweld cells together if you need that, or electroweld solder tabs.

It's been my experience that you generally can't get holder for these odd size batteries since the product designer just puts the holder into the product itself. I've done all sorts of home-brew contacts using pogo pins. [A common item around semiconductor test houses and silicon valley surplus shops]

I've also rolled my own battery contacts with the copper used in RF gaskets.

The internet links are not places I've used, but are provided so you know what the items look like. You could find pogo pins and RF gaskets rolling around parking lots in the valley. They are that common.

Reply to
miso

In article , john writes

I've had occasional interactions with Ultralife. All were negative. In particular, I recall how we designed a moulding to take a lithium battery from them... only to find a year after launch, they were selling us surplus stock from an obsolete product line, and they would NOT make any more. We had to change our moulding.

If you want to use lithium polymer, there are other suppliers, such as Varta, and they don't have problems about being sold in Europe.

Caveat emptor.

--
Nemo
Reply to