Interlace CW and CCW Coil Windings

Uwe Hercksen schrieb:

Hello again,

if it is diificult to wind the first wire with the necessary uniform gap between windings, it might be easier to start with a bifliar winding using two wires and then unwind the second wire to get the uniform gap.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Yup. This is easy to set up with a CNC coil winder.

This could be handled with a bobbin at each end of the drive shaft containing enough wire for all layers after the first.

The crossings should be indexed by 90° for the second layer, then maybe 45° and -45° for the third and fourth layers to spread them out radially.

Messy, but I think it's doable. I'd charge at least 2,500 Triskelion Quatloos for such a coil.

What's the objective of this winding style?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:37:26 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@alphaquest.com wrot e:

Can you tell us what the experiment is? I assume you want to cancel the in ductance. (is that right?) Then except for some 2nd order capacitance eff ects I think you'll get the same thing from using bifilar wire as others su ggest. Maybe try the bifilar first.. it's sooooo much easier.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The old trick was to use cord or thick sewing thread between the turns, then unwind it once the wire had been fixed with shellac varnish.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

OK. It's a deal.

When shall I tell Mr. Bernanke to start printing them?

Glenn Lewis

Reply to
glewis

I think this is the most practical advice so far, other than "what's it for" ;-)

Definitely worth a try.

Glenn Lewis

Reply to
glewis

Spehro Pefhany schrieb:

Hello,

good idea. The bobbins should be easily attached and dettached to the drive shaft. After each layer, one bobbin is to be fixed and the other unfixed.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

If it was a toroid, that would get even more "interesting".

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I would like to know how they make these, and get them to do it in enamel wire.

Glen Lewis

Reply to
glewis

Spehro Pefhany schrieb:

Hello,

there is a nice method to wind toroids. They use a bobbin of two parts which may be closed over the toroid. The bobbin encloses the toroid like a shorted winding of one turn only. The bobbin is first filled with necessary wire by rotating the bobbin around the toroid. Then the wire is wound from the bobbin to the toroid by rotating the bobbin and slowly rotating the toroid. Using two such bobbins, it may be possible to wind two wires on the toroid in opposite direction.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

I wonder if that's possible with commercial toroid winding machines, which only have one of the big bobbins. On a toroid, I think I'd be tempted to have a number of individual CW and CCW windings made, and then spliced together.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

that

you're

answer

smart

it

+4

?-))

Reply to
josephkk

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:53:06 -0800, mike Gave us:

Yet you spout retarded horseshit in the Linux group, and you act like you wouldn't know what a requirements analysis was if it bit you in the ass.

It is in short supply IN YOU, asshole.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Most of us have sufficient restraint to keep effluent in one group from spilling into another. Give it a try.

Reply to
mike

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:07:00 -0800, mike Gave us:

Fuck off and die, electrical retard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Spehro Pefhany schrieb:

Hello,

I don't believe it is possible with commercial toroid winding machines. You not only need two bobbins, you need bobbins with different size, the smaller one must fit into the hole of the larger bobbin. The toroid should be large enough for both bobbins together. The bobbins with different size are necessary because if one winding layer with one of the wires is finished, the bobbins should change places to enable the next layer with the other wire and so on at each end of the winding.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

You might weave it as a 'cloth' first, then wrap it around the rod.

RL

Reply to
legg