interesting EOL notice

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Does Palladium have a use in weapons? ...Jim Thompson

--

| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

The Chinese think it has :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Is a car a weapon? Catalytic converters are the major application of Palladium.

From Wikipedia: (PGM = Platinum group metal)

--
Ore deposits of palladium and other PGMs are rare, and the most
extensive deposits have been found in the norite belt of the Bushveld

Yup. As a trade weapon.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Good reason to try to get Russia into the WTO, I guess. They've got half the world's production. Most of the rest is South Africa and a bit from North America, but half is a lot.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

They fell for the cold fusion gag.....

Martin Riddle

MIT Professor Has Been Running LENR Device Outputting Excess Heat That?s

14X Input Power Since January

"Hagelstein says that the public is invited to take a look at the device in action."

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That does sound like an MIT press release.

Reply to
krw

Do Chinese cars have catalytic converters?

Reply to
krw

That would be a good way to free up access to Chinese rare earths

--
We have failed to address the fundamental truth that endless growth is
impossible in a finite world.

Yes. Required on all new Chinese cars since 1999.

That's for gasoline cars (almost all of them). Diesel pollution control was supposed to be upgraded to contemporary European standards this year, but they have not got the low sulphur fuel supplies to make it work. (And, from what I've seen, that urea injection gadgetry has problems anyhow). So, they've put it off, supposedly for a year or two.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Is that a big issue for the Russians?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Probably less so to protect their own tech firms, because there aren't many. AFAIK Russia is predominantly exporting natural gas to Western Europe. Until it runs out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Norils has the mile-long, half-mile deep abandoned open-pit nickel mine that's visible from orbit. It also lies about as far north as North Slope oil fields in Barrow, Alaska. Whereas I think that most people working around Barrow fly in for shifts in a bunch of trailers, Norilsk is a city of 100,000. Those Russians are a tough bunch.

Reply to
Przemek Klosowski

Are you asking if this means war?

Reply to